How Paypal Protects Buyers
Paypal Canada has a ‘PayPal Purchase Protection’ to help you shop with confidence, no matter where you are on the Web. It means you may be protected when something goes wrong with an order, or if someone uses your account without permission. Let us see what you need to know and where you’re protected.
1. Your order never arrives
All you have to do is log in to your account and open a dispute to get the refund process started.
2. Your order arrives, but it’s significantly different than it was described
There are a variety of scenarios that meet this condition, for instance:
- You received a completely different item.
- The item’s condition was misrepresented.
- The item is missing parts or features, and this was not disclosed.
- You purchased a specific quantity of an item—but received the wrong amount.
- The item was damaged en route to its destination.
- You received a counterfeit version of the item.
The process here is the same as above – log in to your account and open a dispute to get the ball rolling.
3. You were charged for something you didn’t purchase, and you report it immediately
This may mean someone has used your PayPal account without authorization. As long as you report it within 60 days, PayPal will launch an investigation and you will be covered by our $0 Liability for Eligible Unauthorized Transactions program.
In the event of an unauthorized transaction, Paypal may have to temporarily freeze your account until they know exactly what happened.