PayPal is among the safest e-wallet methods, that’s why numerous online casinos provide this payment method. But there are many things that Canadians hate about PayPal and top most thing is that as a Canadian player you cannot make a deposit at online casino with PayPal because of legal restrictions to gambling imposed by PayPal itself.
Under the clause of PayPal user agreement 13.3 –it is mentioned in Ineligible Items/transactions. Payments for the following are not eligible for reimbursement under PayPal Purchase Protection: Gambling, gaming and/or any other activity with an entry fee and a prize.
PayPal prohibits transactions for gambling activities by merchants and account holders in the U.S., Canada and any jurisdiction where gambling activities are illegal, and by merchants whose services are accessible to account holders in the U.S and Canada.
PayPal allows approved gambling merchants to use their service in certain jurisdictions where gambling activities are legal. To be approved by PayPal, merchants must demonstrate to PayPal’s satisfaction that they have the ability to block gambling activities for account holders in the U.S.and Canada and any jurisdiction where gambling activities may be illegal.
Unless the merchant has been approved by PayPal, account holders may not use PayPal to send or receive payments for any form of gambling activities, including but not limited to payments for wagers, gambling debts, and gambling winnings, whether conducted online, in person, or through any other means of communication. Gambling includes placing, accepting, recording, or registering bets; participating in lotteries; or otherwise carrying on a game of chance for money, property, or other things of value.
PayPal prohibits the following activities, even where the specific activity is lawful and/or is not legally defined as gambling, unless the transactions are associated with an approved merchant.
- Games of chance and games of skill –Includes any activity with an entry fee and a prize, regardless of whether the outcome is determined by chance or skill.
- Casino games -Include (but are not limited to) the following virtual or physical games: baccarat, blackjack, craps, faro, keno, pachinko, pai gow, poker (whether or not it is considered a game of skill in the gambler’s jurisdiction), roulette, sic bo, slot machines, or wheel of fortune.
- Sports books or sports betting –Includes placing bets on actual sporting events against a bookmaker or through a betting exchange.
- Horse or greyhound racing –Includes gambling on the following types of races: Simple betting (betting between individuals). Sweepstakes betting, where large entry fees, or stakes, are pooled and awarded to winners. Bookmaking betting, in which speculators offer odds against each horse or dog and accept bets against their predictions. Pari-mutuel betting, where betting odds on a given horse or dog are derived from a comparison between the total amount wagered on the animal and the total wagered on all the animals in the race and Off-track betting (OTB), where players bet on a race taking place in a location outside of where the bettor is situated.
- Person-to-person betting –Includes individual wagering and wagering through betting exchanges.
- Lottery tickets –Include the purchase or sale of any opportunity to participate in a raffle, drawing, sweepstake, pool, or any other form of game or contest involving the distribution of prizes or monetary compensation.
- Gaming machines –Include devices meeting the following three criteria: Constructed or adapted for playing a game of chance, Containing a slot or other aperture for the insertion of money or money’s worth in the form of cash or tokens and Offering prizes in money or money’s worth regardless of whether any player is at risk of losing any money or money’s worth.
- Gambling-related ventures –PayPal may also prohibit transactions for the following ventures related to gambling: Gambling services, such as handicapping, or providing gambling tips or instructions. Use of intermediaries to facilitate the process of placing bets or securing offshore gambling licenses and Organized forums that facilitate person-to-person betting.
The above reasons therefore do now allow you to make a deposit with PayPal at online casinos. But not to worry there are other alternative easy to use methods other than PayPal that you can use to play real money slots at online casinos. You can use Bank cards, credit cards, iDebit, Instadebit, Paysafecard, e wallets like Skrill, Neteller and many other banking deposit options. It’s wise to play at an online casino that accepts CAD for withdrawals and deposits because this will signify the tiniest amount of hassle or fees for you. Also the online casinos that claim to be PayPal casinos for Canadians you need not trust them unless you read their reviews and feedback from other Canadian players that have already know that particular casino. Online casinos banking page might show PayPal as one of the deposit mode but remember as a Canadian you cannot use it and that mode is showed there for other global players where gambling is legal. Also better ask the customer support in case of any doubt before making any deposit at the online casino to play real money slots.