PayPal Digital Gifts is your one-stop store for digital gift card shopping. To buy a gift card, simply browse PayPal selection and choose the perfect one to be delivered today or in future to your friends, family or yourself. Sending payments by PayPal Gift are free to send if you already have the funds in your PayPal account balance. The recipient of the payment will receive the exact amount sent and PayPal will take no fees.
How to buy and send a digital gift card through PayPal?
- With PayPal Digital Gifts, you can buy and send gift cards to friends and family from hundreds of top brands, including iTunes, Xbox, Best Buy, and more.
- Select the gift card you’d like to buy, enter the amount and click either Buy for Me or Gift.
- If you’re buying the gift card for yourself, you’ll be asked to log in to your PayPal account to finish the purchase.
- If you’re buying the card for someone else, you’ll be asked to select a purchase date, and to enter the recipient’s email address, name, message, and your name.
- Click Review to verify the information you entered, then click Pay Now.
- You’ll be asked to log in to your PayPal account to finish the purchase.
How does PayPal Digital Gifts work?
The gift card comes in the form of a code. PayPal will send this code via email to you (if you’re buying it for yourself) or your recipient (if you’re gifting it). The email will include instructions on how to redeem the gift card.
- You need a PayPal account to buy a gift card. So if you don’t have one, you can sign up for it when you check out for the first time.
- It is not necessary that the recipient need to have a PayPal account. Only your PayPal account is enough for your recipient’s email address to send your gift.
- When you gift the it will usually be sent within a few hours if you choose instant delivery. However, in some cases, this may take up to 24 hours.
- If you had indicated a future date, your gift will be sent on the scheduled date around 8:00 AM Central Standard Time.
- Also you will receive a delivery confirmation email once your gift has been sent to your recipient.
Note that you can buy only one gift card per transaction. You may make repeat purchases but limits may apply to the amount and number of gift cards you can buy.
Also you can buy gift cards from a PayPal Digital Gifts store for another country as long as you pay using a PayPal account that is registered in the country where you’re buying the gift card. For example to buy a gift card from the Canadian PayPal Digital Gifts store, make sure you have a Canadian-registered PayPal account to pay for it.
You can send a gift card to someone in another country as long as you pay using a PayPal account registered in the country where you’re buying the gift card; and your recipient resides in the same country where you’re buying the gift card. Like if you live in Canada and would like to buy a gift card for someone in Germany, here’s what you need to do: Buy your gift card from the Germany PayPal Digital Gifts store and make sure you have a Germany-registered PayPal account to pay for it.
The email you receive from PayPal with the subject line “Receipt for Your Payment to PayPal Digital Gifts” serves as your proof of purchase. This information is also available in your PayPal account under Activity/Transactions.
How does the App Store & iTunes Gift Card work?
If you’re buying it for yourself, then PayPal will send you email with the code. In some cases, you’ll also see the code on your device screen right after payment and can redeem it instantly. If you choose to gift it, simply provide your recipient’s email address and PayPal will send them instructions on how to claim the gift.
If you cannot redeem your App Store & iTunes Gift Card, you can contact Apple Support.
If you had purchased the App Store & iTunes Gift Card for your own use, be ready to provide the email from PayPal Digital Gifts with the subject line “Your order number and App Store & iTunes Gift Card”.
If you had received the App Store & iTunes Gift Card as a gift, be ready to provide your code and order number. You’ll find this information in the email from PayPal Digital Gifts with subject line “We hope you’re enjoying your gift!” You may also be asked to provide proof of purchase, in which case you will need to contact your gift sender.
If you had purchased the App Store & iTunes Gift Card for your own use and you did not received it, then check your inbox and spam folder. You should have received your code in an email from PayPal Digital Gifts.
If you had received the App Store & iTunes Gift Card as a gift, check your inbox and spam folder. In case you can’t find the email from PayPal Digital Gifts that contains your code, check with your gift sender. Your gift sender may have sent a more recent link to a different email address.
Xbox Gift Card/ Xbox Live Gold membership
Get an Xbox gift card for games and entertainment on Xbox and Windows. Buy the latest games, map packs, movies, TV, music, apps and more. Also on Xbox One, buy and download full blockbuster games the day they’re available everywhere. Great as a gift, allowance, or credit card alternative.
The Xbox Gift Card and Xbox Live Gold Membership come in the form of a code. If you’re buying the gift card or membership for yourself, PayPal will email you the code and instructions on how to redeem it.
If you’re gifting it, simply provide your recipient’s email and PayPal will send them instructions on how to claim the gift and redeem their code.
If you find issues redeeming your gift card or membership, contact Xbox Live.
The latest offer at PayPal Digital Gifts
At the time of writing PayPal Digital gifts was offering 10% off on App Store and iTunes Gift Cards.
So if you need to reload your iTunes account balance, there’s a warm deal on iTunes Gift Cards over at the PayPal Digital Gifts Store.
Right now you can save 10% off iTunes Cards, in $25, $50 and $100 denominations. By loading up your iTunes account balance with these discounted cards, you save 10% off any digital purchase or subscription from Apple, which includes Apple Music, iCloud storage, Netflix subscriptions, Mac App Store purchases and more.