How to verify my email with PayPal when opening an account?
When you choose to open an account with PayPal to make a deposit at online PayPal Casino you need to verify your email. You need to do this because PayPal offers secure online banking transaction and doesn’t want to take any comprise when it comes to secure and safe online transactions.
The process to email verification
PayPal as an eWallet is completely free to use to make payments online. When you use PayPal as an E-Wallet at an online casino, your transactions will be instantaneous, when you’re depositing to play. You don’t have to wait for days to send money from your account, instead you can enjoy your favourite games immediately.
So first you need is to set up your Paypal account which takes only few minutes.
- Go to https://www.paypal.com/ca/
- Click on the Sign Up button at top right corner.
- Select your country, language and account type, individual or business.
- Fill in all the details which includes your email
- Click “Agree and Create Account”
- Once account is created you need to verify and you will get the verification code to verify your account. Here email authentication is required. Email authentication helps email providers like MSN Hotmail, Yahoo! Mail, and Gmail distinguish legitimate PayPal emails from fraudulent ones.
So when you are sent a verification link to your email account that you entered when creating PayPal account all you need is to click on it to verify your account and it authenticates your email automatically and you don’t need to do anything.
With this the PayPal server recognizes your email and you receive all notifications from PayPal at this email as well as when you do your online transaction the email is verified and the PayPal server approves it.
Therefore your destination email address must match the email address you have on file in your PayPal account.
For example, if your PayPal account address is set to firstname.lastname@example.org and an email from that account is forwarded to a MSN Hotmail, Yahoo! Mail account (email@example.com), you must update your PayPal address to reflect the destination address (firstname.lastname@example.org).
You can update your PayPal email address here.
Also if you find it convenient, feel free to link multiple email addresses to your PayPal account.
Other way to verify your email is:
- Go to your PayPal Settings.
- Click Update next to the email address you want to confirm.
- Click Confirm this email and paypal will send you an email.
- In the email Paypal send you, click the Confirm your email button to complete the confirmation process.
- You will automatically return to the PayPal site where you will be asked to enter your password and the confirmation process will be complete.
- Once your email address is confirmed, you can accept payments and the money you receive will show in your PayPal balance. However, you’ll still need to link a bank account or card to your PayPal account before you can send payments. When you send a payment that is greater than your PayPal balance, the difference will come from the bank account or card you link.
In case you didn’t receive the confirmation link
If you have not received the PayPal message to confirm your email address, please check your spam or junk mail folder. You may also try adding email@example.com to your address book to see if you can find the confirmation email.
If you still don’t see the email, please request that another confirmation email be sent to you.
- Go to your Settings.
- Click Edit next to the email you want to confirm.
- Click Confirm this email.
- Check your inbox for an email with the new number.
In case you get an error that your email address is not verified
In case of the above like message just means that you need to confirm the email address registered to your PayPal account. When you added that email address to your PayPal account, PayPal sent you a confirmation email – simply find that email and click the link to confirm.
Keep in mind that “Confirming” your email address is different than “Verifying” your PayPal account.
Verifying your PayPal account involves waiting for bank deposits
Confirming your email address involves clicking a link in an email
So when you first added that email address to your PayPal account, PayPal sent you a confirmation email – just find that email and click the link in it to confirm your email address.
If you can’t find PayPal’s confirmation email, don’t worry – you can resend it. Here’s how:
- Log in to your PayPal account
- Go to your Profile page to look at the email address(es) on your account
- If you see “Unconfirmed” next to your email address, select it and click “Confirm”
- Check your email and click the link PayPal sent you
If you need help getting your email address Confirmed in your PayPal account, you can call PayPal directly at 1-888-221-1161 and ask one of their Customer Service agents to help you through it.
Note that you have to confirm your email address because if you don’t Confirm your email address in your PayPal account, then your PayPal account will not be able to accept any incoming money –
How do I know if my email address is Confirmed?
If you’ve made sure that your email address is spelled correctly in your account and you’ve also made sure the same email address is a Confirmed email address on your PayPal account, there may be some technical issue affecting PayPal’s system which is preventing it from communicating to PayPal system. You’ll need to contact PayPal directly for assistance. You can reach PayPal at 1-888-221-1161.
Note that there are only few online PayPal casinos so when it comes to funding your account at the online casinos you will find that not all online casinos list Paypal as their mode of deposit. It is because in some countries there are legal issues in Paypal operation and thus the non availability at certain online casinos. Also these online casinos are also reputed ones and you’ll be able to send and receive money just as smoothly, and safely, using other banking options available to Canadians casino players online. These options may range from credit/debit cards, e wallets like Neteller and Skrill, Instant bank transfer, Bitcoins and various other easy to do deposit options.
Now make a deposit at Paypal casino
Making a deposit is extremely simple. If you are at a casino with Paypal means that they accepts PayPal, you should see it listed under the options listed on their cashier or Banking page. Select Paypal as deposit option, enter the amount you want to deposit. From there, you’ll be taken to your PayPal account and go through the same verification steps you would if you were making a purchase online. The entire process can be completed in a minute or so, and your funds should immediately appear in your casino account.
When you deposit money into your PayPal account via bank transfer or credit card, you can then use these funds at online casinos. You also have the option to link a credit card to your account so PayPal can make automatic withdrawals when it’s used to deposit at a casino site. The great thing about PayPal is that you can use your everyday account that you use for all online transactions, or you can open a totally separate account with a different credit card and dedicate it to casino play. This is a good method in regulating the amount of money you spend and helps you keep track of your winnings.